Monday, September 20, 2004

Here We Go Again

My good friend Nick Speth brought to my attention Mr. Zell Miller, yet again I was aggrivated, but now have found something I'd like to comment on. An article/editorial Miller wrote concerning the backlash (which I admit to be a part of) following his speech at the RNC has lead me to the following conclusions:

First of all, I apologize for any implication I may have presented regarding Miller and racism. I now understand the roots of Miller's southern zeal and realize they are not fueled by any form of racism. He is a concerned man.

Secondly...the hang up. I do not appreciate anyone saying "...Everything, that is, except the national Democrats' shameful, manic obsession with bringing down a commander in chief," especially not someone of my own party! I for one am doing nothing to accuse President Bush of any action that would result in "bringing down a commande in chief." I realize I am not the typical voice of my party and that things have been stirred up, much in part to the 60 Minutes piece that CBS allowed to run, but I have a hard time swallowing the accusation that the Democratic party as a whole is doing such a thing.

You can't accuse a categorized group of people of a joint action and not expect a few to be a little upset. Let the backlash begin...again! Zell Miller could pretty much say anything at this point and I will be wound up... (For those of you who know me well, it is a Zeb Bell kind of issue!)

No comments :