Tuesday, October 26, 2004

World Series '04

Growing up when I heard about the American dream, the first thing that came to mind was baseball. My American dream was to work hard all day and play baseball all night. As you can imagine, every October I get pretty excited and the fading memory of my earliest belief in the American dream returns.

This year is particularly special. Never would I have imagines this World Series match-up. The Cardinals maybe, they were hot right out of spring training, but who would have expected the Red Sox? No one in their right mind expected the Red Sox to make the kind of comeback they did against the Yankees. My roommate said she wouldn't have faith in the Red Sox until they won games 4, 5, and 6 of the ALCS--maybe her disbelief urged my belief.

I don't know about The Curse, but I know that the dedication of the Boston fans is unbelievable. And even more unbelievable than the fans dedication is the dedication of Curt Schilling. Battling bravely with a dislocated ankle tendon, he's more than admirable. Obviously my hope lies with the Red Sox, but the Cardinals are a worthy opponent.

Okay so maybe my American dream was to just hear James Taylor sing the National Anthem at the World Series---

The Political Game should be back to the normal political business soon. I've taken a few too many stands outside of the political arena lately, but tonight should throw me right back in... I'm on my way to see "Fahrenheit 9/11."

No comments :