Monday, December 13, 2004

Finals Week

It's finals week at ISU! Yippee--right. I'm tediously working on a history proposal for my 291 class that is due Friday, comparing and contrasting the Warren Commission and The House Select Committee on Assassinations. Big job, in over my head, all that jazz. Not to mention four other finals to take this week--including the big Math final in about an hour!

I'll try and write something by the end of the week, but if not I'll certainly make up for lost time over Christmas break. Just a few things I'm keeping an eye on right now-- the Ukraine situation, the Secretary of Homeland Security appointment, and I'm still working with this Rosa Parks idea. ( I have to add a little history!)

Oh, and it's the official Electoral College meeting today across the country. I watched a bit of it on CSPAN this morning. Ohio is a very interesting dilemma...and tell me why do they pray before the meetings to decide something that has already been decided, but we can't have the Ten Commandments in a court of law? Go figure--

Happy Finals Week!

4 comments:

Tara A. Rowe said...

Oh--in case I forget to mention it again I wanted to remind everyone that Wednesday is the Biography of the Year on A&E-- after the year we've had it has been quite interesting! I'd certainly put Yassar Arafat in the top 5 (along with Kerry, Bush, and maybe Elizabeth Edwards...)

Anonymous said...

Or the number one biography of the year could go to the EVIL Red Sox. That's not cool.

Nick Speth said...

I'd throw in my two cents for your project, but you're the Kennedy expert, and I'm not.

Suddenly random Yankee fans are posting on your site. I assume that the last poster was Yankee fan. Oh well, you tolerate conservative friends...

Tara A. Rowe said...

I tolerate a lot, but you all know how I feel about the Yankees... And guess what the No.1 biography of the year was indeed the Red Sox! More on that later-