Tuesday, March 1, 2005

ASISU Election Day

I just wanted to take a moment and remind everyone that today is the run-off election at Idaho State University. Please get out and vote. (For Hobson & Sharp that is...) There should be polling booths set up at the SUB, College of Tech, and I think in the BA building.

Also, yesterday State Rep. Elmer Martinez contacted me about the ongoing lawsuit the student body at ISU has brought against the State Board of Education. Rep. Martinez assures me that education is important in this state (despite what we are seeing) and that great consideration will go into his vote as the issue hits the floor of the House. Thank you, Elmer.

That's all for today. Good luck Matt and Will!

3 comments:

Tara A. Rowe said...

Hey, just wanted to send a big Congratulations to Matt Hobson and Will Sharp for their big win yesterday! Good work guys--

Nick Speth said...

Is Elmer Martinez a friend of yours? Did you write him and his office wrote back? And fill me in on the lawsuit and the legislation in question. Thanks.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Nick, I'd like to consider all Democrats in the state of Idaho pretty good friends. With so few, we have to be friends. I've actually never met Elmer Martinez, but was pleased to hear from him. He is the representative in the state House from Pocatello.

I will post on this topic as my response to your comments may be lengthy.