Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Health Related News

Okay...one more test and then I plan to write a fine post on the crazy world of Idaho politics.

Before then I just wanted to acknowledge the death of Johnny Cochran (attorney who gained fame with the first Michael Jackson trial and of course, the O.J. Simpson case). I remember watching Cochran on television in the fifth grade when he made his "If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit," argument.

Also, I heard on the news this morning that Jerry Falwell is in the hospital, in critical condition, with pneumonia. I hope he dreams of purple teletubbies and Spongebob. Ok, not really...I wish him a speedy recovery. Another health related issue-- it seems after the Easter services Sunday, Pope John Paul II had a feeding tube inserted through his nose. His health is a constant reminder of the concern the world seems to have with the status of the Catholic Church. I wish him well.

My Idaho politics post will mostly be focused on the governor's race, but I wanted to mention that part of the hooplah is the question of whether or not we will be appointing a successor to Sen. Mike Crapo in the near-future. Crapo is suffering through the final stages of prostate cancer. Crapo has been a level head in Idaho politics and his absence may cause a stir. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Until later... Happy Wednesday!

No comments :