Wednesday, March 9, 2005

A Rather Odd Departure

It seems that it is finally time for Dan Rather to depart his longtime anchor post at CBS News. Though I've not been as critical as others over the so-called "Rathergate" or his mistreatment of facts of late, I've never been a fan of Dan Rather. I remember Peter Jennings voice on 9/11 and otherwise I'm a Brokaw fan...

Nonetheless, he has brought us many stories and has been a driving force in the transformation of the news media. Claiming to be leaving on a "high note," we can't help but speculate over what has caused him to resign. 24 years...what's a year more...unless you did "doctor" a story or who??

Anyway, back to the thick of midterms. Next week is my Spring Break so hopefully you'll hear from me then. That Social Security stack I've been meaning to post on needs attention and by next week I may know something more about the ASISU lawsuit against the State Board of Ed.

No comments :