Sunday, April 10, 2005

Funerals, Weddings, and Favorites

The other night I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. (local time) to watch Pope John Paul II's funeral. It was absolutely amazing! Though the only station I had covering the pope's funeral was the German News Network, despite watching it in a foreign language (a language that I have only a minor grasp on), I was amazed with the emotion and the outpouring of love by the Catholics as well as the rest of the world. As soon as the College of Cardinals selects the successor to John Paul II, I will comment.

I was also watching with less interest the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla. It disgusts me, to be honest. He carried on an affair with this woman for many years before divorcing his wife and now he decides it is time to marry her?!?! Royalty is much different from the lives we lead, but I think the actions of Prince Charles are inexcusable.

Also, I added another link to a list I created on Amazon.com--- this time it is my favorite poems (it was a little more complicated to construct than a list of my favorite books). Maybe in the next week or so I will create lists for my favorite movies and cds. But...this week should be a rather crazy one with lots of papers to write and books to read. Be patient. And until then, have a lovely week!

1 comment:

Nick Speth said...

Not to fret. I have a little trouble following German news and I'm a German major! They use a lot of subjunctive I to remove implication, so they use a lot of "seien" and such odd verbs.

Off topic: I finally watched "Ray" the other day, and it was as good as you said.