Wednesday, May 25, 2005

News From the Networks

Just a little post away from the busy world of politics...

I just finished watching American Idol and was disappointed in the results. I really love Bo Bice. There is something genuine about him, I think it is the southern rocker that we haven't seen in awhile, and I was sad to see him not win. But, I also realize that with Clive Davis as a fan, Bo's chances for a CD are excellent and he will release one soon!!

Also, from the entertainment and television world, today was Mark Browning's last on our local Pocatello news channel 6. You may be wondering why I would notice or even care about such an event, so I will tell you. Mark was in my Vietnam class this spring and his knowledge of broadcasting was very helpful in my understanding of the way the news shaped public opinion during those years and I was thankful to have such a perspective. Browning is moving to Boise to be a news director there and I am sure he will be very successful. He will be missed and as a fellow student I just wanted to say how much I truly respect him.

Last, but certainly not least, yesterday I finally watched National Treasure. Now I put it off for quite sometime because if there is anything I hate more than a badly scripted movie it is a badly scripted movie that deals with history! After about twenty minutes I quit holding out and actually got into the story line. I was thrilled to know that my history-knowledge-retaining brain knew that the last clue given to the bad guys was false and was even more thrilled to see Nick Cage getting shot at in Philadelphia. Why? I've been in that very cemetery!!

Okay, that's all for now. Watch the film, my congratulations to Carrie Underwood (even though Bo Bice is much, much better, and Mark, I'll miss you.

1 comment:

Nick Speth said...

Not only will Bo probably get a recording contract, but I'll just betcha it's as good if not better than the Idol first prize.

Oh way to spoil Treasure for me by the way! JK. I might see it eventually, but it's not high on my list.