Sunday, July 24, 2005

Nick's Daily News, NASA, and Needing a Vacation

I see that Nick Speth has posted on the Supreme Court nominee Justice Roberts... I would recommend reading his post on the high court and abortion. He's right on target and I think we have to be mindful of what the respective parties are hoping for out of judicial nominees. Sadly, it does come down to Roe v. Wade more often than not.

Also in the news, it seems NASA is still trying to make a shuttle launch date Tuesday. It is unfortunate that they are having so many unforseen problems with the Discovery. This was their one chance to prove something following the Columbia disaster and it just isn't happening. It is probably safe to say that the shuttle program is quickly coming to an end. With Challenger & Columbia in less than ten years you have to wonder why we're still trying. But, we are the world's superpower and Cold War attitudes have yet to disappear in the our nation's space program.

So as you can see I'm not too engrossed in any big news for the moment, I watched MSNBC for a few hours this morning, but this Lincoln essay really is, well for lack of a better way to put it, kicking my butt. I believe I'm on draft #6. Now I need a proof reader and after a few last minute changes it should be ready to send off. I'll be glad to be done with this. My summer seems to have filled up with school related jobs and I'm ready to enjoy the rest of my summer...all three weeks of it. I need a vacation!

No comments :