Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Promise of a Coming Day

No real news to report for the day, not really anything political on my mind either...unless you all want to know that the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. was evacuated today. A suspicious package was found in the basement. I don't even know that because it is located blocks from the capitol, I actually know that because Crosby, Stills, and Nash were in town for a concert and were evacuated.

Pointless and irrelevent, yes, but I thought that was ironic since "Southern Cross" has been stuck in my head for days now.

Anyway, I'm going out of town in the morning. I'll most likely be back late Tuesday, but don't expect a post out of me until at least Wednesday. That is of course if nothing all together earth shattering happens between now and then. The Iraqi Constitution deadline is tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath on it, Senator Joe Biden (D-Delaware) is calling for the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, and there is a new plan for a Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial on the Washington Mall, but all of those things can wait.

Someone once said that a trip is what you take when you can't take anymore of what you've been taking. This wasn't even a planned trip and maybe I'm running from chaos or toward it, but nonetheless, I'm taking a day or two off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone also said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single phone call.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Though I'm sure I still have
"miles to go before I sleep" don't expect a post out of me until at least tomorrow.

Nick Speth said...

Hey Tara, way to get Southern Cross in my head too. Thanks. And I'm hearing the Jimmy Buffett live cover. I love Jimmy, but sheesh, he should have left that tune alone.