Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Random Questionnaire

For days now I have been trying to think up something political to post about, it's just not happening. Gaza is too much of a mess at the moment to even begin to explain it, the Supreme Court situation hasn't really heated up yet, and I couldn't care less about Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bush visiting the great state of Idaho...so I'm going to do something a little off the wall and completely non-political.

There's this questionnaire originating from a French series, "Boullion de Culture" hosted by Bernard Pivot (the Pivot Questionnaire) that James Lipton, host of "Inside the Actors Studio", has adopted. At the end of each episode of the series where Lipton interviews actors ranging from Harrison Ford to Will Smith, he asks them this series of ten questions. I'm always surprised by their answers and have been thinking up my own for some time now. I'll never be on the show so why not post about such nonsense? Hey, Nick posted on Jimi Hendrix and the blues, Cory and Ang get to post on Harry Potter, and Uncle Orson (Orson Scott Card, no I don't really have an uncle named Orson) recently gave his review on toilet paper!!

The Pivot Questionnaire

1. What is your favorite word?
Liaison.
2. What is your least favorite word?
Retard.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Top hats? No, just kidding. A combination of passion, sensitivity, and sincerity.
4. What turns you off?
Cruelty.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Favorite PG rated..."oh holy hell." A favorite phrase really.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The crack of a wooden bat as it connects with a baseball.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of a door slamming.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
If I had a mathematical brain I'd really like to work for NASA.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
1st Grade Teacher or Social Worker.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Oswald didn't act alone." No, in all seriousness, "good enough."

Alright, that's it, my random contribution to the blog world for the day. Back to politics soon...I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your favorite word?
okay
2. What is your least favorite word?
telephone!!.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
magic
4. What turns you off?
b o and bad breath
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Jesus Christmas
6. What sound or noise do you love?
the wind
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
telephone!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
pro tanning circuit
9. What profession would you not like to do?
proctologist
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
" did ya get a deer this season?"

Nick Speth said...

1. What is your favorite word?
Peeved

2. What is your least favorite word?
huh? (No that's my least favorite word)

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Sitting down in a quiet room and playing my guitar is when I'm at my most creative.

4. What turns you off?
Stupid people.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
Pick one... Since we need to stay PG-rated I'll say "Josh is a total bag of douche."

6. What sound or noise do you love?
Classical guitar (which my short fingers won't allow me to learn).

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
That freakin' beep that I get right before I get a call at Convergys.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
No brainer. Pro poker player.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Roofer, particularly a hot tar roofer.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Briefly, it would go something like this: "Pull up a cloud, the Bills are up 50 in the Super Bowl. Luckily we have Tivo... as if we wouldn't here in the H. That's what we call it, the H. Let's rewind it and watch it again. Do you like hot wings? Of course I know you do, I'm omniscient. Silly of me to ask. Have a Coke and some hot wings. We've also got fried cheese curds, and popcorn, which I ALSO know you like. Hey Walter Payton, how's those Chicago-style dogs coming? Good? Okay, well put one more on. Sit sit, let me take your coat..."