Sunday, September 11, 2005

Songs on Repeat

For the last few weeks I have been trying to devise a plan that would better suit my ever changing "songs on repeat" section. As I think I addressed in a previous post because I don't ever really listen to one entire cd straight through, I find myself listening to one song that fits my particular mood or thought for the moment on endless repeat. I also was needing a better system for looking at the lyrics of songs I've listened to numerous times throughout my life without having to either open my clumpy old file cabinet and look through the lyrics file or get online and open a lyric search engine.

Solution: a new blog entitled "Songs on Repeat." This way as I listen to certain songs I can not only share that information with anyone who cares to know, I can also for my own personal reference have easy access to those lyrics. My political nature often drifts toward music and I find myself posting on songs like "Landed" on a more or less political and history oriented blog. A new blog will allow not only solve the lyrics aspect for me, but also will give me a medium in which to post those reviews and observations that I have about music.

Hopefully I can maintain both sites successfully. Please be patient as this is a trial run. And also a side-note, "Secret Garden" is the first entry on the new site, but isn't really the song on repeat. I listen to Springsteen frequently as it is, but that song pops up more often than any. It was in my cd player Thursday. Because it is one of my favorites it just seemed like the place to start.

Let me know what you think. Any input would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Cory said...

I think the side blog is a cool idea. Especially considering your method of listening to music, it seems a good way to let those who know you know where your head's at. I like the journal factor, too.