Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Assistant Managing Editor In the Thick of It...Again

**Editor's Note: In an attempt to not flunk out of school before Thanksgiving Break, I'm taking a few days off from the blog. When I return I'll have news on the announcement last night regarding the speaker for the Richard Stallings Dinner and information on another announcement that will be taking place on Tuesday.

Not surprisingly, Bob Woodward is in the thick of the CIA leak that outed Valerie Plame. The Washington Post is reporting that Woodward testified Monday under oath that a senior administration official told him about Plame's status as a CIA operative.

And he's not citing his source...sound familiar? Looks like Bob Woodward is at it again. I've said many times that after Armageddon there will be destruction, cockroaches, and Cher, well now I'm adding Bob Woodward to that list. The guy never gives up and goes away. You have to admire his propensity for the drama of Washington politics.

Since I already have my Christmas request in for Woodward's book The Secret Man, identifying and explaining his relationship with Mark Felt (aka Deep Throat), I won't take any stabs at Woodward because I obviously like him, but I will let you all read the Post story.

2 comments:

Nick Speth said...

Yeah I can see that. Cher's 100% plastic now, so she's got a good shelf life.

Woodward I can see breaking stories against the conservative rulers of the cockroaches.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Woodward's face (or at least his forehead) looks pretty plastic these days as well!