Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Blogs...via Idaho

Hey, just a quick note... The Idaho Statesman has an article about Idaho bloggers that is pretty sweet! It also gives a listing of political blogs from the Gem State. I was contacted last week by Greg Hahn and was thrilled to give a little input... A little disappointed that I was listed as posting on "JFK-centric history" as I think there is a lot more to me than that, but hey, I'll take it.

Anyway, I'm in the thick of finals week at ISU and have been fighting off a sinus infection. I'm taking a short break from cramming tonight, but will be diving right back in bright and early tomorrow for a 7:30 a.m. final. YUCK!

Posts I have planned for over Christmas break include a deep look into Idaho State University, certainly some commentary on The West Wing, and will quite likely at least mention how much I hate the holidays. I expect a mellow Christmas break from school and don't have much planned. A trip to Declo might be in order and my good ole friend from Moscow is coming for a visit. Things are a little thick on the homefront right now, which honestly leaves me a bit irritable in my disgust, but this too shall pass. I'm too damn stubborn to let it get the best of me. Thanks to a lovely biography of Adlai Stevenson I've learned that not letting yourself be defeated is one of life's greatest triumphs. I've learned in the last few months that a person needs to be more concerned with their character than their reputation. Reputation is merely a reflection of what others think you are however wrong they may be.

3 comments:

Nick Speth said...

7:30 finals suck. When and if I ever become a professor, I'll give a take-home final in lieu of doing one at 7:30. Luckily all mine were at 11:30 this year.

Julie in Boise said...

Tara, I am glad you were mentioned in the Statesman story. Feel better, and good luck with the finals. Great quote from Adlai S!

Tara A. Rowe said...

I have 2 at 7:30 a.m. and it's horrible. Maybe it wouldn't be too rough if I felt a little better, but hey, finals are finals.

Thanks, Julie. I was very excited about the Statesman story. And anytime I can have the chance to quote Adlai I take it! Believe it or not in terms of political idol, Adlai tops my list followed directly by Robert F. Kennedy...strangely enough JFK isn't the top. So much for "JFK centric," huh?