Friday, December 16, 2005

Goodbye, Leo

**Editor's Note: Having survived a sinus infection, I was told today that I have bronchitis. I will be away from the blog for a few days.

I also just learned that John Spencer, Leo on The West Wing, died today of a heart attack at the age of 58. ABC News has a detailed story here.

I'd imagine Santos will replace Leo (who I assume the writers will give a similar fate to on the show) with Josh as VP. Wouldn't that be interesting?

A phrase from The Man In The Iron Mask comes to mind..."All my life, all I wanted to be, was that man." Everyone in the Bartlett administration feels that way about Leo.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I thought that was such a tragic loss. The strange thing is that WW has filmed episodes all the way up to the election in March, so one wonders what they'll do. From what I've heard, they haven't yet decided to rewrite/refilm.

I hope you feel better. Bronchitis is no fun.

Tara A. Rowe said...

I just recently read that they had filmed seasons up until March. It will be odd to see Leo on screen with Spencer's passing off screen.

My hope is (and this is a big hope with Sorkin no longer writing) that the writers will wake up and realize that it is time to make some serious changes. Really where is this Santos thing going?

I've been thinking very hard about the first episode of this season when they were all at the Bartlet Library dedication, was Leo there? I can't seem to remember.

Thanks for the well wishes. The bronchitis is passing, but the side effects of the medications are slowly doing a number on me.

Hope to see you around here again, Kate. Thanks for stopping by.