Thursday, December 8, 2005

Yes, it's a long way to go, but in the meantime...

I despise Yoko Ono.

There, that's the only explanation as to why today is not a TDIH post.

It is the 25th anniversary of the murder of one of my all-time favorite musicians, John Lennon, but frankly, I have other things on my mind. I'd love to stay and chat about Strawberry Fields in Central Park or my favorite songs, which I kinda did in my title, but I can't. I don't have time.

I am reading this amazing biography of Adlai Stevenson and Cary Grant will be on TCM at 10pm in North by Northwest. Oh and there's this funny little thing called finals week...

2 comments:

Nick Speth said...

Who doesn't hate Yoko Ono.

From "The Simpsons" (homer is trying on glasses.

Optometrist: That pair's popular with celebrities like Val Kilmer.

Homer:Ooh, my favorite Door.

Optometrist: ...And Yoko Ono.

Homer: Eew, she ruined the Plastic Ono Band! [throws glasses on a large pile of rejected glasses]

Tara A. Rowe said...

Yoko Ono doesn't hate Yoko Ono.

I boycotted all things John Lennon yesterday.

Today he made his way into the CD player...

...I can only hate Yoko for so long before my love for John surfaces