Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Dana Reeve: Her Own Kind of Superhero

There are people whom I have never met, that, though I don't know them on a personal level, I appreciate, respect, and admire on a deeply personal level.

I've always loved Christopher Reeve. Since I was a kid, watching him in the Superman movies and then watching Noises Off! with my grandparents. After his accident, I still loved him, but grew to love his wife for her strength and loyalty. She was in my mind your "common man superhero."

This morning, the AP is reporting that Dana Reeve has died of lung cancer at the age of 44.

Today my thoughts and prayers are with Will Reeve, the son of the late Christopher and Dana Reeve.

Please take a moment to visit the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation or Lungcancer.org.

_________
Dana Reeve
1961 - 2006

No comments :