Sunday, July 23, 2006

4,742 Miles

This morning I checked the odometer on my car and realized this summer has taken an enormous toll on not only me, but my car.

The blog reflects very little of what amounts to one of the longest summers of my life. Aside from a few random pictures of places I've been, places that have been on my mind, and the ongoing rearrangement of my apartment, it appears as if I have fallen off the face of the planet.

I assure you, I have not, but a large part of me is beginning to wonder something Springsteen best expressed in one of his songs: "You've gone a million miles, how far'd you get?" I suppose every mile is a lesson, an experience, a marker that will one day be a memory.

Here you will find no excuse for my non-political melancholy. Hang in there with me.

No comments :