Sunday, October 1, 2006

Postseason

I have been doing homework for approximately 17 hours straight--well I did take one break before this one, but really 17 hours? Whew! And the sad thing is I'm not done.

But I wanted to bring your attention to the MLB postseason lineup. The results are in:

American League East: Yankees (surprise, surprise)
American League Central: Twins (weird)
American League West: Athletics
American League Wildcard: Tigers

National League East: Mets
National League Central: Cardinals (no surprise here either)
National League West: Padres
National League Wildcard: Dodgers (wow)

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I love the NL East. I'm happy with any of those teams (except of course the Marlins) and in a year when the Braves couldn't get it together and the Nationals, well they suck, I'm pretty stoked about the Mets. Plus, David Wright is just adorable. And Pedro is out for the postseason. Does it get any better?

The Tigers loss today kind of has me worried for the American League, but lets just say this--I'll be happy with anyone but the damn Yankees.

While I was driving home from a 6 hour adventure at the library I thought up my own fantasy postseason. Wouldn't this be great??

American League East: Orioles
American League Central: Tigers
American League West: Mariners
American League Wildcard: Angels

National League East: Braves (of course)
National League Central: Cubs
National League West: Padres
National League Wildcard: Nationals

Yes, wishful thinking considering the Nationals finished in last place for the third consecutive year. But how sweet would it be to see the Cubs, Padres, and Orioles all make it to the postseason?

And for what it is worth, I secretly like the Padres. They have Brian Giles, Mike Cameron, Ryan Klesko, and Mike Piazza. How can you not secretly be hoping this isn't a fluke?

Alright, that's it for me. I love October!

4 comments:

Adam Graham said...

And for what it is worth, I secretly like the Padres.

Well, it's not much of a secret now. Of course these names they've got would have meant a lot more six years ago.

Adam Graham said...

I think the Cards will win the 1st round, but I could be wrong. That series was one I had to think about. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pads in the NLCS.

Tara A. Rowe said...

I'm bad at keeping secrets...

I suppose the reason I enjoy the Padres lineup so much is because six years ago when those names--Piazza, Cameron, et all, were awesome, I was still playing ball and really looked up to them.

Jessica said...

If you remove the Angels, I will be happy. But don't replace the Angels with the A's or Rangers.