Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Growing the Hell Up"

While reading a blog this millennium (and I say millennium because it is the term I have chosen to encompass this unbelievably long, defeating week) I ran across a woman who spoke of blogging and how the things she has removed from her archives have a lot to do with "growing the hell up." I've not deleted anything from my blog archive, but I can certainly identify with her.

It wasn't long ago that I posted daily lyrics--lyrics that were in my head and in my CD player on repeat for the day. I wouldn't say that it was entirely immature to do such a thing, but more than anything too personal for a blog of this nature. Quite a bit of what I have to say is too personal for a blog like this, but let's face it, this is my blog. I can write about whatever the hell I want to and if on some random day all I have to say is reflected in lyrics, so be it.

Despite the occasional lyrics, I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I've done a great deal of growing up lately. Tonight I had tickets for the Taste of France at ISU and I didn't make it. Why didn't I make it? Because I didn't make it back to town from Declo in time to go. Bad time management on my part. And I'm the only one to blame. Growing up, isn't it great?

No comments :