Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12/20/06 Non-political lyrics

**Editor's Note: Yeah, yeah...politics, I know. Soon. I promise.

I started to type out the lyrics of a song to post today and realized that I'm not particularly fond of any full song, as I have been listening to all sorts of music (mostly country, strangely enough), so I've decided to share my favorite lyrics of the week.

There's nothing we can do about
The things we have to do without
The only way to feel again
Is let love in
There's nothing we can do about
The things we have to live without
The only way to see again
Is let love in

From "Let Love In" performed by the Goo Goo Dolls; Written by Johnny Rzeznik, Glen Ballard, and Greg Wattenberg.

Call me close once again
Call me teacher call me friend
Just like the first time
Call my name
It echoes in the halls around this room
It's all you
I don't know if you hear me there
When it's darkest and no one cares
I will hear you
Forever
And I wanted you to be
Everything to me
And now I've got to learn to carry on
And I know I cannot hide
This emptiness inside
But nothing is the same since you're gone

From "Forever" written and performed by Vertical Horizon

Somewhere there's a stolen halo
I used to watch her wear it well
Every thing would shine wherever she would go
But looking at it now you'd never tell
Someone ran away with her innocence
A memory she can't get out of her head
I can only imagine what she's feeling when she's praying
Kneeling at the edge of her bed
When she says take me away
And take me Father
Surround me now
And hold, hold, hold me
Like holy water

She just needs a little help
To wash away the pain she has felt

From "Holy Water" by Big & Rich.

In my silence I would love to forget
But restitution hasn't come quite yet
And with one accord I keep moving forth
I stretch my heart to heal some more

From "Forgiveness" performed by Collective Soul; Written by Ed Roland.

Children lose their youth too soon
Watching war made us immune
And I've got all the world to lose
But I just want to hold on to the
Easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
And the peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me

From "Easy Silence" performed and written by the Dixie Chicks.

Thank God for those who make it,
Let them be the light
Here's to the strong; thanks to the brave
Don't give up hope: Some people change
Against all odds, Against the grain
Love finds a way: Some people change

From "Some People Change" by Montgomery Gentry.

1 comment:

lyrics said...

Check out this lyrics database: http://lyrics.earches.com