Friday, December 15, 2006

My Least Favorite Day of the Year

I hate Christmas break. I hate it more than I hate just about anything. So, as you can imagine the Friday of finals week in the fall semester is my least favorite day of the year.

I finished finals yesterday so today was mostly used to tie up loose ends. I went to the bank. Returned a stack of library books. Started to clean my apartment, but gave up knowing I'd spend much of the break cleaning and re-cleaning anyway. Had a mighty fine nap. And tonight I've started a list of things I need to accomplish over the break.

What's on my list? Funny you should ask.

I am going to read A Time to Heal again as Gerald Ford has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I need to finish reading Cross, the latest installment in the Alex Cross series by James Patterson. I will of course clean my apartment and probably rearrange the furniture. I have a stack of newspaper clippings that need to be filed somewhere. My desk at home is a complete disaster and needs to be tackled. On the other hand, my desk at work needs to be a mess--I have a lot to accomplish where the Stallings Collection is concerned. And last, but certainly not least, I need to post on Bobby.

Almost a month. I have to entertain myself for almost a month. Ugh.

What do you all have planned for Christmas?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am going to Seattle for 8 days. I hope to God the power doesn't go out while I am there. My family just lived through 5 days without power (though they had a generator they ran during the day).

Nick Speth said...

I'm working nine hours Christmas day. Fun huh?

Tara A. Rowe said...

Nick, my long lost friend--Glad to know you're alive!! Are you on a permanent hiatus from the blog world or will you be resuming NDN soon?

Sadly, I wish I were working nine hours on Christmas day! Would save me the trouble of making plans...