Monday, February 26, 2007

Laid Up

I really don't understand why it is called laid up when in all actuality you're not up at all. As I've mentioned I have been horribly sick with a nasty kidney problem and haven't been able to sit up for more than an hour until today. I checked my email on Friday and had 37 messages. So, if you are one of those 37 senders, please be patient. Today I answered some pressing emails, but I won't get to it all today. And nevermind blogging, that's not going to happen with any sort of regularity until at least next week. I just wanted to let you all know I'm alive and full of topics to post about, but can't.

A few of the topics on my mind? Tom Vilsack dropped out of the presidential race and I'm heartbroken. This man has a Gerald Ford quality to him. An everyday nice guy who appears to be something unusual in politics--decent and honest. More on this later. I'm also highly disappointed that the Academy did not give Peter O'Toole an Oscar last night. How can a man so brilliant not have earned an Oscar?? I hear that ASISU Elections are still taking place. This Wednesday and Thursday there will be a runoff election. I'm pulling for the Knapp/Olson ticket, though there isn't any campaigning I can do for them with me stuck at home on the couch.

I'm still watching way too much television, though I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've watched all sorts of movies, tv shows, documentaries, and crap. Daytime television is pretty awful. I'm really only a primetime tv watcher usually and that's only when I'm home in time and not too busy to sit down and catch a good show. This only happens every Sunday night, the rest of the week it is hit and miss. I'd like to talk about The West Wing and Studio 60 at some point as well as Brothers & Sisters, but like I said before, can't get to that yet.

Until better days my advice to you: enjoy fresh air, solid foods, and avoid cranberry juice!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Election is March 7th and 8th, NEXT wed and thurs.