Saturday, March 17, 2007

Smorgasbord Saturday

I almost feel as if I should say, hi, welcome to Nerdville, I'll be your host with this post... I'm a little excited for two reasons. The first and most important being that for the first time in a very long time, I feel GOOD! The second being that I have a new library card--Marshall Public Library has new, lovely, plastic library cards for their patrons. They are in no way comparable to the old, paper, flimsy cards. And they have a picture of the library itself on them. Exciting, isn't it?

In other nerdy news, I finally received my very own copy of a GPO book called "A Guide to Research Collections of Former Members of the U.S. Senate." Not something every 21 year old aspires to own, but for me it's a great addition to my wealth of books. The GPO no longer prints these handy books because of the switch to a web edition Biographical Directory of Members of Congress, but for my purposes the hard copy is much more usable since I wouldn't know to search for say the Texas 16th if looking for a specific type of research collection.

In other news, I will be adding another list of books to the sidebar--as you can see, I haven't deleted any of my recent reads while I've been home recovering from an illness. To be added, hopefully by the end of the day, are: Judge & Jury, Step on a Crack, and Cross by James Patterson. Hornet Flight by Ken Follett, Bad Company by Virginia Swift, The Sinister Pig by Tony Hillerman, Teacher Man by Frank McCourt, and Ship Fever by Andrea Barrett.

In addition to this scattering of books, I should be adding to the sidebar under In the CD Player a great new artist by the name of James Morrison who was recommended for me. Great guy. Great music. And his inspirations include Cat Stevens and Van Morrison. The only thing I was hung up with when I first listened to him is that he's only a year older than I am. It used to be that the hot new artists, athletes, and actors were just a bit older than I and for some reason I was comfortable with that, but more and more they seem to be just around my age and in some cases younger. I'm not liking that too much...

It's a beautiful day here in Pocatello with a predicted high of 75 degrees. I think I'll go for a walk. And maybe if I'm still feeling this great tomorrow I'll pull out my bike.

No comments :