Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday, Monday

Just a few minor things I thought I might post this morning...

I had a great meeting with one of my professors (and friend) and he sent me home with two books to read--Katharine Graham's autobiography and Ben Bradlee's autobiography! Isn't that awesome!?

As I was reading the ISU student bulletin this morning I realized that the documentary Shut up and Sing is going to be shown on Wednesday night at 7pm here on campus, but I'm sad to say I have about four too many things going on that day (and night) and won't be able to catch that. Does anyone know if it is going to DVD? I'd love to watch it.

Yesterday I watched one of the most intense baseball games (from a defense perspective) I have ever seen and here's the kicker--the Colorado Rockies were playing! As hard as I try I can't be a fan of the Rockies even with Matt Holliday playing for them, but hear you me, SWEET game. I saw for the first time in my life an unassisted triple play and it was awesome! Additionally, there were several double plays and a few stellar saves by Jeff Franceour (of the Braves). All in all, even though the Braves lost, it was one of the most amazing baseball games I have ever watched.

Oh, and I have new music to listen to just in time for finals week: John Mayer's Room for Squares and Heavier Things as well as Mat Kearney's Nothing Left to Lose.

No comments :