Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Day of Jubilee

Today marks somewhat of a milestone in my life, not a major one by any stretch of the imagination, but a milestone of good health worthy of celebrating and that I plan on doing. Tomorrow morning I am giving a presentation to Dr. Ron Hatzenbuehler's class at Idaho State University on the research value of the Stallings Collection and then I will be on the road to Boise.

Returning from the trip will signal two things--back to work on the Stallings Collection full time and back to classes full time...just in time for the semester to be wrapping up and summer school will be beginning.

The greatest part about the trip to Boise, other than the mere fact that I have a bad case of cabin fever, is that my best friend of fourteen years, my kid brother, is going with me. And while we are in Boise we're going to catch up with a dear friend of mine from high school who will be there for an interior design conference.

I am very excited for the trip and quite antsy to get out of town. We don't even have any big plans for the trip, just fly by the seats of our pants sort of planning. Should be a great time and I will tell you all about it when I return. I'm taking my laptop with me to Boise, so I may post along the way, but nothing serious until Monday.

No comments :