Monday, April 16, 2007

Thoughts & Prayers

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who were killed today on the campus of Virginia Tech and to the officials who are trying to both deal with the details as they unfold and who are there trying to console the victims' families.

I was just finishing junior high school when the Columbine massacre occurred and now as I am finishing my senior year of college another horrible massacre has occurred. These incidents serve as a reminder to me, and many, many other students across the nation, that we are very comfortable in our every day routines and we often take for granted campus safety. I for one was much more thankful for my cubby hole in the basement of the library today--hidden away from the world--and I didn't once complain about the seclusion.

I would also like to express me deep regards to a dear friend of mine who is struggling today with the untimely death of her brother.

They buried Petty Officer 2nd Class Curtis Hall in Burley, Idaho, today. After the streets were lined with community members paying their respects yesterday as his body was brought home, today the community came together again to bury a fallen hero.

There just don't seem to be any cheerful stories in the news today. This too shall pass. Until then all I can offer are my thoughts and prayers.

No comments :