Monday, May 14, 2007

Bike to Work Week

May is National Bike to Work Month and May 13th-18th is National Bike to Work Week with Friday the 18th being Bike to Work Day.

This past week I picked up a stack of information from the Bannock Planning Organization, the Portneuf Greenway Foundation, and the Idaho Transportation Department about the National Bike to Work Week. I am very impressed with the amount of work going into Porteuf Valley Bike to Work and wonder how I've missed it all these years that I've been in Pocatello.

There were two events over the weekend supporting the Green Bikes program and the Poky Free Bikes organizations here in town. I wasn't in town most of the weekend so I couldn't attend, but both of these organizations are worthy of all the support they can get. If you are interested in more on National Bike to Work Month, bicycle safety, the goings-on in the Portneuf Valley, Portneuf Greenway bike trails, and other environmentally friendly transportation you can visiit http://www.pokybiketowork.org/.

I can't commit to riding my bike every day this week to work and school, but I will be riding on Friday if not several days this week as I do most weeks when my time is spent on campus.

Please join me in this environmentally friendly, healthy, and fun week of cycling!

1 comment:

Sara E Anderson said...

I work in Pullman, which is 7 miles away, but there's a great trail alongside the highway, and I've been using it to bike home from work every once in a while as the weather has been getting nicer. 7 miles takes a pretty long time, so I like to take the bus in the morning and put my bike in their rack, and then ride home in the evening. It's a pretty great commute.