Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stallings Collection News

I received the official letter from the Office of the President of Idaho State University today stating that they will continue to fund me as a presidential intern working on the Stallings Congressional Collection for the upcoming 2007-2008 academic year!!

A few weeks ago I gave a presentation on the project and emphasized that the collection will allow ISU to be a research destination for many, many scholars. And it looks like my presentation as well as my dedication to the project has paid off.

The collection, as I'm sure I've mentioned, will open to the public in January of 2008. The main (Washington office) collection will be completely processed at that point and the rest of the files (from district offices and Stallings' work as U.S. Nuclear Waste Negotiator) will be completed soon there after.

ISU's acceptance of this project and monetary dedication to it's completion signals only a small portion of what I am hoping will become a new era of research at Idaho State.

No comments :