Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Snapshots


I love this statue! Situated right next to the Veterans Memorial, this statue is the epitome of the irrigated West and so very Idaho-esque (yes, I just made that word up).


I was in Burley on Saturday and stopped at the Cassia County Veterans Memorial right next to the courthouse on Overland. I'm not entirely sure when it was constructed, but it was my first visit.


The latest shot of the new Bright Tomorrows facility on Washington & Walnut. The roof is nearly complete (including the shingles) and most of windows and exterior doors have been installed.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Yeah! I fixed my account!

I love the Burley pics. My dad was somehow involved with erecting the veterns monument 10 years ago or so.

Tara A. Rowe said...

It's been there that long? Why had I never seen it?

Jared said...

Well there was a flat park that came into existance with the bulldozing of the old city hall. About that time they errected the memorial to Cassia County Veterans. I'm thinking that it might have been 1995, memorializing 50 years of the end of WWII. If not then, not too long after 1995. The additional landscaping and statue of the farmer were added sometime during my mission. They removed the old fire house bell that was there and put the statue in its place. The bell I thought was gone for a while, but found out last week that it is now appropriatly situated in front of the fire department.