Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All-Star Voting

Yesterday while watching the Braves/Red Sox game (you can catch the next televised game on ESPN Wednesday Night Baseball) I cast my ballot in the MLB All-Star voting. Here's my ballot:

American League

1st Base: Justin Morneu (of the Twins)
2nd Base: Robinson Cano (New York Yankees)
Short Stop: Orlando Cabrera (Anaheim Angels)
3rd Base: Eric Chavez of Oakland (since I didn't have the presence of mind to vote for him last year)
Outfielders (3): Torri Hunter of Minnesota, Ordonez of Detroit, and Gary Matthews, Jr. of the Angels
Catcher: Pudge Rodriguez of Detroit (one of my all-time favs)

National League

1st Base: Tie--Prince Fielder (Brewers) and Scott Thorman (Braves)
2nd Base: Chase Utley of the Phillies
Short Stop: Tie--Edgar Renteria (Braves) and Jose Reyes (Mets)
3rd Base: Tie--Garrett Atkins (the God-forsaken Rockies) and Chipper Jones (Braves)
Outfielders (supposed to be 3): Matt Holliday (Rockies), Matt Diaz (Braves), Andruw Jones (Braves), Mike Cameron (Padres), and Jeff Franceour (Braves).
Catcher: Brian McCann (Braves)

Notice I have a major problem picking in the National League?? I can't help that I'm a National League kinda girl. And, I love the Braves, what can I say? I think they are all all-stars...well most of them. I think they should send McKay McBride back to Triple A.

Also notice I didn't list Barry Bonds? I couldn't do it. As hard as I try, I just can't be on his side. It's Hammerin' Hank for crying out loud. I just can't fall on the side of Bonds.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

Where's A-Rod? He's carrying my fantasy team right now.

And the AL second baseman should be BJ Upton of the Devil Rays.

The NL is Prince Feilder hands down. Shortstop has got to be Reyes, though Hanley Ramirez is pretty close. Barry Bonds simply doesn't deserve to be on the list this year. There are better players out there.

Tara A. Rowe said...

You'd have to pay me a million dollars to pick A-Rod. I had the chance to put him on my fantasy team and I passed him up. I'd rather have Bonds than A-Rod and I hate them both!

I like Robinson Cano at 2nd--he's the only Yankee I like. The Devil Rays are off limits for me...that's like picking the Blue Jays.

Cameron said...

A-Rod could afford to pay you a million dollars to pick him...

Jessica said...

A-Rod=Pay-Rod.