Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Missing TWW

This morning I was waiting to get the oil changed in my car (yes, I was too lazy to do it myself) and I pulled out the copy of the U.S. Constitution that I keep in my wallet and read it. Cover to cover. What does this have to do with The West Wing? Well, the copy I keep in my wallet is an older version published by the American Society for Educated Citizens and it includes the Declaration of Independence. And listed first from the state of New Hampshire is Mr. Josiah Bartlett. For those of you who don't know, Josiah Bartlett was the name of Martin Sheen's fictional character on The West Wing. Anyway, the original Josiah Bartlett is the reason I never knew whether the fictional president's name was spelled Bartlett or Barlet (one L).

Reading the Constitution this morning made me miss The West Wing all the more. Above is one of my favorite scenes from the series. Doesn't hurt anything that there's good music in the background...

5 comments:

Jared said...

WOW, that women looks like Harry Reid.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Mrs. Landingham?

Jared said...

The first person to appear with the president.

Tara A. Rowe said...

The little old lady? That's Mrs. Landingham & you are so right!!!

Jared said...

I, surprisingly, never got into that show when it was on. I did watch some reruns on Bravo right before my mission. I think I might have to rent the DVDs sometime.