Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Learn something new every day...

...No, I'm not going to say anything about tapping your foot in a bathroom stall.

Did you know that regardless of which congressional district you live in you get to vote for both senators?!?

Somehow I never knew this. Never. Me, the Idaho politics nerd. I'm shocked. I suppose I always thought you voted for those running from your own district--like with congressmen. Wow. Nope.

Good news, isn't it? I get to vote for Larry LaRocco!! Sweet!

Got thinking about this and I don't think I've voted for a U.S. Senator since I was old enough to vote. If it did happen, it would have been Crapo on the ballot from my neck of the woods and it wouldn't have occurred to me that it was a statewide race.

Wow. Thanks to Julie at Red State Rebels for teaching me something very valuable and exciting!

1 comment:

Julie in Boise said...

You're so welcome!