Sunday, September 16, 2007

No Longer Brought to You by iTunes

Seems like the best features of iTunes are no longer accessible. With Apple in general it seems after so many new versions the great features we loved with the first few versions of a product disappear. Maybe they'll finally get it right with the iPhone, but after the latest setback of those diehard Apple fans who bought the iPhone the first day and got ripped off, maybe not.

One of my favorite features of iTunes is no longer accessible on the version of iTunes I now have. "Celebrity Playlists" was an awesome feature that allowed iTunes users to download the songs handpicked by famous people. For instance, I could download the songs picked by Elvis Costello or some other random celebrity that I love. Another feature comes and goes, "Complete My Album," offers me the opportunity to purchase entire albums that I had previously purchased singles off of. Not there always and Celebrity Playlists is not there at all. Frustrating.

So, I've decided that since I can't look at what James Blunt is listening to, I'll have to share with you all what my playlist would be if I were famous.

  • Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan)
  • Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
  • Drops of Jupiter (Train)
  • Let it Be (The Beatles)
  • I Wanna Be There (Blessid Union of Souls)
  • Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
  • You Gotta Hide Your Love Away (Eddie Vedder)
  • Sleeping In (The Postal Service)
  • Easy Silence (The Dixie Chicks)
  • She Said (Collective Soul)
  • Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
  • It Don't Matter to the Sun (Garth Brooks)
  • Secret Garden (Bruce Springsteen)
  • Holy Water (Big & Rich)
  • Runaway Train (Soul Asylum)
  • You Don't Know Me (Ray Charles)
  • Hope (Shaggy)
  • Tears & Rain (James Blunt)
  • I'll Be (Edwin McCain)
  • You've Got a Friend (James Taylor)
  • Morning Has Broken (Cat Stevens)
  • Chances Are (Bob Seger & Martina McBride)
  • Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
  • Please Come to Boston (Dave Loggins)
  • Under Pressure (David Bowie & Queen)

No comments :