Saturday, September 8, 2007

Smorgasbord Saturday

Last night I cleaned, rearranged, and otherwise gutted my entire house. Why? Well, there isn't one reason in particular, but when I am stressed, frustrated, or angry (occasionally a combination of the three) I clean. It's what I do. So, this morning I have a sparkling house, a worn out body, and a stack of schoolwork to the ceiling. None of which is stopping me from a true Saturday post.

What is the meaning of the term 'investigative journalist'? I was watching MSNBC or some other news channel and I flipped out when I heard them describing Gerald Posner as an investigative journalist!! Are you kidding me? Gerald Posner is a poser. Granted, he has a good looking, TV face, but good Lord! Investigative journalist? If Gerald Posner is an investigative journalist, then I'm the Pope! And...while I'm on this kick, he titled his latest "investigative" work Why American Slept? Right, the man totally knocked down any hope of the public ever understanding the strange intricacies of the Kennedy assassination and then he goes and rips off Kennedy's dissertation title (Why England Slept?). What a poser.

Late last night while I was watching the late-run of Monk on USA, I heard a rather familiar voice on a commercial, looked up, and there was former Congressman Richard Stallings. Seems Stallings is doing commercials now. The commercial was for Potelco Credit Union. Interesting.

Hmm...what else can I add to this Saturday post? Let me throw out a name--Troy Tulowitzki. Who? Yeah, my thought earlier this year as well. But, he's the name I'm throwing out there for Rookie of the Year. Short stop for the Colorado Rockies. I'm telling you, if anybody deserves Rookie of the Year in the National League, it's Tulowitzki. Yeah, yeah, you're all thinking why not Prince Fielder? Why not? He's a great fellow, too, but he isn't the fielder that Tulowitzki is. Remember that unassisted triple play earlier in the season? That was Tulowitzki. I can't believe I'm endorsing a Colorado Rockie for Rookie of the Year...

That's it.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

Prince Fielder isn't a rookie. He may be up for MVP though, if his team can stop losing and make it to the playoffs.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Oops...I meant Ryan Braun. Got the right team (the Brewers) just not the right player. As for Fielder, it seems there are better choices for MVP.