Monday, December 10, 2007

Ah, Invincibility

You know those kinds of decisions that are followed by relief or regret? I made one of those decisions Friday. Surprisingly, the decision was immediately followed by neither relief nor regret.

Neither relief nor regret. And yet I feel absolutely horrible about the entire situation. Go figure. Not a life or death situation. Far from it. However, it was a decision a didn't want to make.

Vague, isn't it? It is a hard position to find yourself in when you realize you are not capable of accomplishing absolutely everything. There are simply not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything an ambitious, curious person would like to accomplish. There are limits. Humans are not invincible. We are, at times, inadequate.

Having said all this for the sake of getting it off my chest, I sure wish I could feel some sort of relief. No relief to be had.

However, I have joined a book club. I may in my lifetime actually read in its entirety Tolstoy's War & Peace. There is a feat and hopefully an accomplishment I can tout at some point in my future.

I have learned the difference between a grasshopper and a cricket. Never in a million years did I think when I signed on to process the Stallings papers that I would spend an actual thought trying to understand the difference. And, I never knew people could be upset about such creatures.

Also of importance in a list of accomplishments--I stayed out of the great blog war today.

Ah, invincibility.

No comments :