Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hello, Detroit!

Holy moses! I can't quite believe what is being reported at MLB.com this evening. Willis and Cabrera to the Detroit Tigers? This adds a superb pitcher (I've had Dontrelle Willis on my fantasy teams for several years running) to a mix that included the best catcher in baseball, Pudge Rodriguez. Willis and Rodriguez!! I just can't quite think of anything I would like to see more than that set up. And Cabrera? How can you lose with that bat in the lineup? Not to mention his fielding skills. Sweet!

Add these two to a roster that already includes Palanco, Justin Verlander, Maglio Ordonez, Jeremy Bonderman, and Pudge. Hell yeah! Plus, two former Braves (Mackay McBride and Edgar Renteria) joined up recently. Contenders? I think so.

Sure makes me wish I were a bigger fan of Detroit and even the American League!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

You know, I've never been a huge fan of the Tigers, but after how awful they'd been for about 15 years, I can't help but think they deserve this good news. Hopefully they'll get back to the Series and win it this time.