Thursday, January 24, 2008

Senator Craig, What the Hell Are You Doing?!?

As if it isn't hard enough for Idahoans when their senior senator is late night fodder night after night still, months after his arrest in a Minneapolis men's room last June was made public, we are now going to have to see the saga of Senator Larry Craig on primetime.

Last night NBC showed a preview for next week's Law & Order episode that will have a "fictional" senator getting caught in a men's room tapping his foot. Fictional, right.

Blame the delay in this story appearing on primetime to the Writer's Strike, but you can't skip blaming the bad light it sheds on Idaho on our no longer distinguished Senator Craig.

Whenever Idahoans travel these days and mention the state they hail from, the question inevitably arises as to how they feel abou their senator. We've let Senator Craig skate by, in an election year no less, as he continues his "wide-stance" saga in Europe, we've let him be the butt of the jokes on late night television, and now we'll see his now infamous story on primetime.

Enough is enough! Senator Craig, what the hell are you doing? Maybe I don't want to know, but I do want to know why your state has not created an uprising as you have been dragging our name through the mud.

5 comments:

slfisher said...

Actually, Boston Legal addressed it as well, a few weeks ago.

Tara A. Rowe said...

I heard. I guess I need to start watching Boston Legal! ;)

slfisher said...

Indeed. Of course, I just have a thing for James Spader. :)

Seriously, though, if the Boston Legal attorney had defended Larry Craig, he'd have gotten off.

Er, I mean, exonerated...

Tara A. Rowe said...

Ew! Double ew!

Diana Rowe Pauls said...

That was when I learned that "Larry Craig" was now a verb... Denny had been "Larry Craig'd" by the officers...

Oh, yeah, Tara, watch Boston Legal...

Maybe it's just me but there are some episodes where I'm jumping up and down going "oh yeah, that's it, you NAILED it!" and so on...

I'm a little weird so maybe that's why...!!