Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Middle of the Week Mélange

Poor, poor John McCain. To quote one famous Canadian singer, "isn't it ironic?" I can't help but laugh at the insanity of the New York Times story breaking this evening about John McCain's "relationship" with a Washington, D.C. lobbyist. I guess if you're a Republican you spew these things against politicos you don't like, party-liners or otherwise.

Odd that this story is breaking tonight--Matt Drudge has to be pissed.

On a much happier note, good news for NASA, the home of perpetually bad news of late, the Space Shuttle Atlantis has returned to Cape Canaveral. Is anybody else wondering if we'll see another space shuttle mission in our lifetimes?

Word on the street is that the Frank Church Banquet featuring headliner Markos of dailyKos has sold out. Wonderful! It's a great year for Democrats, Idaho is no exception.

Other news from dailyKos is this great post from mcjoan on the absurd amount of money former (embattled, Constitution-breaching, insert adjective here) U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is fetching on the lecture circuit. Makes me sick. Physically sick.

In terms of TPG scheduling, I am hoping to post a rebuttal to a horrific letter to the editor I spotted in the Times-News this week, a post stating my position on the 1978 FISA legislation and why the 2007 amendments did it an injustice, and my traditional smorgasbord on Saturday. All of this in addition to the essay I need to finish, the articles I need to read, and the other odds and ends that have to be accomplished before next week when I take off for four days to Boise.

1 comment:

rks said...

Tara, I found your blog doing a search for blogs in Pocatello and the surrounding area. I also live (and blog www.rnsmith.com) in Pocatello and am going to be putting together some occasional get-togethers for bloggers in this area as way to get to know each other, do a little networking, and generally talk shop. If you're interested, please drop me a note at rolandksmith@gmail.com.
Thanks!
Roland