Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Meme

I am still playing catch up--that is, reading posts I missed on my favorite blogs, responding to emails I have filed away, and reading like a mad woman for my classes. 

Last week Wordsmith, over at Left Side of the Moon, tagged me with a meme. Okay, so I begged for it. Who doesn't love these? The rules:

1) Pick up the nearest book (0f at least 123 pages).
2) Open the book to page 123.
3) Find the fifth sentence.
4) Post the next three sentences.
5) Tag five people.

Okay, here you are:

"If we have a crisis, the American people will reflect on the incompetence and they'll say, 'We can't gamble with this man for another four years.'" As an American first and a partisan Republican second, he hoped that contingency didn't happen, and assumed Clinton would then breeze to a second term. I asked if he agreed with many of his Republican pals back in Washington that the press was giving Clinton a pass on his personal life."

For President Ford's answer I guess you'll have to sit down with Thomas DeFrank's Write It When I'm Gone: Remarkable Off-the-Record Conversations with Gerald R. Ford.

Now for the tags:

1) Jilly who shares the same blog template as me...
2) Andy & Teresa because their blog is fluffy, non-serious stuff...
3) The good folks at Hesperus Press
4) McCracken who likes words and books

2 comments:

Wordsmith said...

One thing I love about these is the variety of books. It also shows what a freakin' book nerd I am. However, I seem to have LOTS of company.

Another benefit, you find other places (blogs) to explore!

Did ya see Al Gore isn't going to endorse? Smart man. Stay out of the fray, Al. ;)

Kris McCracken said...

Task completed.

Go team Clinton!