Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On Vices

No, not those kind of vices. My head feels like it is in a vice. I have had a headache for three days now. The kind of headache that is in no way cured by a bottle of aspirin and certainly not helped by the German two-way prepositions I've been staring at.

Look up vice in the dictionary and you will find a picture of my head with a vice grip on it. A very large vice grip.

I would like to say something about why I oppose the FISA legislation, aside from the telecom protections, but I can't with a headache like this and homework stacked to the ceiling.

I would like to relay an opinion piece I read in an Idaho paper today that made me sick. I can't. The insanity of some of my fellow Idahoans must be a part of this headache.

If you're looking for a piece of advice, here's one: If you are about to take on a huge project that a lot of people are going to take credit for, make sure you get at least a degree out of it. At the very least a pass from time to time.

Take my advice or one day you'll be posting on vices.

3 comments:

Nick Speth said...

Ha! I'm teaching concurrent enrollment German 1040 next semester. I'm student teaching. It's great. I feel your pain on studying language with a headache though.

Hope you get feeling better!

Tara A. Rowe said...

Oh, Nick. My sympathies. For some reason this idea of two-way prepositions makes much more sense when people say it--on paper it looks ridiculous.

Jared said...

Tara when you wrote about vices, I thought you were going to talk about Vice Presidents! Hope you get over the headache because I'd like to hear what you have to say about the FISA renewal.

And a big fat ditto on the headaches coming from learning a language. Last summer I had a continual headache because of my Basque class. Basque, with its unique urgative cases, guarantees a headache for those not born in the valley of Northern Spain.