Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quote of the Day

Found this particularly helpful in getting through this past week:
"I do not want either my life or my story to conclude in the shadow of despair generated by our current national leadership; by our president's failures in leadership, competence, and integrity; by the failures of the courts and Congress to hold him constitutionally accountable and the failure of my own party in opposition to meet its obligations to oppose. But a one-man aberration, however disastrous, is not permanent. A democracy is by definition self-correcting. Here, the people are sovereign. Inept political leaders can be replaced. Foolish policies can be changed. We the People have learned from our mistakes and misfortunes. A new leader and a new era are on the way, and I will continue to fight, to write, and to hope."
Ted Sorensen, from Counselor: A Life at the Edge of History (p.530-31)

No comments :