Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ugh.

Frankly, I'm tired of blogs and bloggers. Particularly this blog. Not that you couldn't tell by my lack of posting of significant or even original material this week. I did warn you. I'm kind of tired of politics, too. Believe it or not, I didn't watch any of the Democratic nomination hoopla yesterday. Partly because I'm not excited about our nominee--yes, I'm the demographic that should be--and partly because I had a rough go at physical therapy, leaving me fairly immobile and incredibly grumpy. Once I got home yesterday afternoon I did very little aside from watching tv downloads on my laptop and listening to my new Gavin Rossdale CD.

You might have noticed some changes to the sidebar. I added, in place of the previous section 'Books I Am Reading,' my summer reading list. I've made some progress, despite the huge list. And I haven't decided if I'll read Goethe in the original German or if I'll stick to the English translation. That particular work is pretty far down on the list, though. Check out the new addition to the sidebar on the 2008 campaign, complete with candidates' sites. Also on the sidebar, you'll notice I removed my Hillary Clinton head shot and quotation. I suppose that isn't worth much now, but I'll miss the idea of Hillary Clinton and that'll have to do. I tried to update my profile, but I wasn't quite sure what to say there. I seem to be "floating" at ISU right now and until I get accepted into graduate school somewhere, I will continue to float through this part of my life without a cohesive plan.

I want to be excited about the state convention next week. I can't seem to get excited about it, though. I'd be thrilled with the idea of going to Boise for five days if it meant I would just magically wake up there one morning, without having to sit in a car. As I mentioned previously, I am having back problems. I should say problem, singular. An L5/S1 disc problem. Numb foot, tingling leg, incredibly sore hamstring, tailbone pain, and now lower back pain. I didn't have lower back pain until yesterday even though I haven't been able to feel all of my left foot since Easter. No cohesive plan for fixing the problem either. Physical therapy twice a week, steroids, pain pills, ice therapy, and bizarre stretches that make me feel like a human pretzel. Oodles of fun.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to do much research while I'm in Boise, either. Too much sitting. I wonder how the state historical society would feel if I dragged my massaging lumbar chair attachment into the archive. Better yet my ice pack and slippers...

Anyway, like I said Monday, don't expect much out of me for awhile. I don't have much to say and what I do have to say isn't very nice right now. Blame the steroids. It'll pass, eventually.

10 comments:

Julie Fanselow said...

Tara, I hope you feel better. And I believe a break from blogs and bloggers could benefit us all once in a while. (I'm looking forward to my own annual weeklong hiatus about five weeks from now.)

I'm not sure you caught Nancy Pelosi's quote about Hillary Clinton today, so I'll post it here. It's a good one:

"The campaign of Sen. Clinton is one that will go down in the history books as a great one for our country, breaking what I call the marble ceiling, what they call the glass ceiling. Glass is easy compared to the ceiling that she broke. And I couldn't be prouder of her eloquence, her knowledge, her judgment, the stamina that it took to have this campaign. And so I salute her and all of her supporters."

Adam said...

Hey Tedo, if you posted something a little more exciting mayve you wouldn't be sick of the blog! :-P Kidding. Really kidding. Hows the human pretzel?

Tara A. Rowe said...

Thanks for the quote, Julie.

Adam, I write pretty exciting stuff, I mean seriously, what isn't exciting about the Western Days parade? You can't dispute it... And by the way, kid, the human pretzel is feeling less like a human pretzel today.

Adam said...

Righto, I'm sure your feeling less like the human pretzel...if you really don't feel like a human pretzel why you so grunchy and why you protesting the blogs?? Huh, riddle me that.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Hey smartass, would you quit leaving me comments and call me already? You're right, I'm grouchy as hell.

Kent Cooper said...

Trouble in paradise? Hang in there, Ms. Rowe.

Adam said...

Hey Kent, dude, wouldya back off a little? I ain't gotta clue who you are, but you gotta back off. Okay?

Your right about the hang in there schtuff. Hang in there, sis.

p.s. you see the bench clearer in the sox/rays game today? wowser on the coco crisp not the breakfsast food either...

calling you now.

Sage Word said...

Also calling.

Grumpy needs her a roadtrip north so she can meet sneezy (hey, I've got hay fever), doc, Unequivocal, Serephin and a few other raucus moonbats. The easiest excuse won't fly, since I'm already eager to remain damn sober the whole day for a couple hundred reasons. Layers and rain gear gently recommended, and a fully-appointed room at casa del sageword is available Fri night for round 1.

And it won't necessarily make you less grumpy, but you'll want to listen to this (interview with RFK's 'Life' photographer):
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91209585

(I'm not even going to try to nice up the URL -- half the time blogspot eats 'em and spits out goo).

Sage Word said...

A last thought: Serephin drives, you ride with the seat tilted back.

We'll brainstorm a sequel to Daniel Day Lewis' film, working title to be "I can't feel ...'. I'll practice some rusty Deutsch, etc. Many of the possible fabulous destinations come with reclinable and/or padded seats, multimedia, distractions and nattering wonks. Foodies and noshings are a given.

There... 'nuff of the hardsell.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Thanks for that link, d2. I'll see ya'll tomorrow.