Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday Night All-Stars

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
I think Rogers Hornsby would agree, it's games like tonight's that make sitting around all winter for the season to start worth every minute of the wait.

(Hall of Fame All-Stars, all in attendance at tonight's game, from top left, clockwise: Willie Mays and Harmon Killebrew, Willie McCovey, Cal Ripken, Jr., Yogi Berra, Bob Gibson, George Brett and the infamous pine tar incident, Hammerin' Hank Aaron, and Phil Niekro.)

12 comments:

Adam said...

If this game goes on much longer i'm gunna scream!! whats with them not having any M's in the game??

Tara A. Rowe said...

Uh, because the Mariners suck?

Seriously, if this game goes on much longer I'm going to fall asleep.

However, I'm loving watching Russell Martin. Unbelievable!!

And if Hurdle doesn't take Uggla out of this game soon I'm going to scream...

Adam said...

13 INNINGS!!?!?!?

Tara A. Rowe said...

And now to the 14th...

Adam said...

this game is like hamiltons at bat yesterday....never gunna end!!

Tara A. Rowe said...

How 'bout Tejada?! Despite the accusations of steroid use and lying about his age, the man can still play and he's kind of hit his second wind with the Astros. He's still fun to watch.

I wish they would have put McCann in at some point, but I guess this means he'll be well-rested for the rest of the Braves dismal season.

To answer your question about the Mariners, Ichiro was in at the beginning of this never ending game. I think he may have been the only Mariner selected.

Adam said...

And 15......

Tara A. Rowe said...

You hafta feel bad for Francona--you can tell it is killing him to have Kazmir on the mound. Killing him and the manager of the Rays, I'm sure.

Adam said...

is the rays manager that turtle dude?

Tara A. Rowe said...

That's hysterical!! Joe Maddon, never thought he looked like a turtle, but now that you mention it... Maybe it is because of their green uniforms. Maybe it is his glasses. Don't know, but this is funny. Thanks for the laugh! ;)

Tara A. Rowe said...

Musta heard me saying I wanted to see Brian McCann...he's making a nice backstop.

Tara A. Rowe said...

And I jinxed him. Dammit! Ugh, another win for the American League. After fifteen innings. Good Lord, what a game!