Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weekend Preview

In case you missed it, earlier in the week on AM 63 KFXD Radio, senatorial candidate Larry LaRocco challenged his opponent Lt. Governor Jim Risch to "talk the talk." After another successful interaction with Idaho voters, LaRocco's campaign pointed how frequently Risch avoids public debates and fielding questions from the public. Responding to LaRocco's challenge, Jim Risch will be on the radio program tomorrow morning at 7:30 for a half hour segment. For more on this story, please visit New West.

Have questions for Risch? Don't we all? Make sure and call in tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. (MST) to see if Jim Risch can weasel his way out of your questions. 

Early Saturday morning before the sun has time to beat down on the over-trained bodies of swimmers, bikers, and runners, the 22nd Annual Spudman will be underway. (Photo courtesy of the South Idaho Press)

A 1.5 km swim, 40 km ride, and 10 km run make up the Spudman triathlon held in the Burley area every year. Sponsored and planned by the Burley Lion's Club, the Spudman has become a regional attraction drawing competitors from several states.

I've never participated in a triathlon, never will given my inability to swim and fear of water, but this year I'm watching the Spudman results with anticipation as my kid brother is participating for the first time. Competing in the 15 year-old age group (his sixteenth birthday is just around the corner), he as been training for several months and assures me has a chance of placing in the top five of his group. Not to brag, okay, I'm bragging, the kid has a shot.

Good luck, little bro! And good luck to all of the participants in this year's Spudman.

I'll be away from the blogosphere this week, but will eturn to posting on Monday. Nothing exciting going on around here, just need some time to relax and get some reading done. My copy of Shock Jocks: Hate Speech & Talk Radio has arrived and I'm sure it will entice more commentary on the unnecessary spewing of hate from the mouth of one Zeb Bell. Of course, that isn't the reading I really need to be doing, but how can I resist?

Have a good weekend and I'll catch you all on Monday!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks teed. Hope you feeling better. :-)