Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surgical Update

It has now been a week since my laminectomy & discectomy. Don't ask me where the week has gone. I hardly know what day it is! With fifteen staples to show for it, the surgery was a success. Came out of surgery immediately with more sensation and less pain than I went in with.

Now comes the recovery. I've been fairly groggy since I got home from the surgery center Wednesday and I'm accomplishing little more than showering and feeding myself, but all in all I have no complaints. Hopefully the staples will come out (and I can get out of the house) on Monday the 29th. Until then I just get to lay low and take it easy. Two things I'm not very good at.

My brain function--i.e. the amount of time I am awake, coherent, and semi-alert--is improving as I cut back on the number of pain pills, muscle relaxers, and steroids they sent me home on. However, I haven't put much of a dent in the stack of reading material next to my bed.

I will attempt a better and more informative update later in the week.

3 comments:

Sage Word said...

you picked a good week to be asleep.

Nothing interesting at all happening in the political arena.

No, nothin' to see here.

Uh-uh.

We's just hovering at the pinnacle of a catastrophic depression and President Bush has asked for 700 Bee-billion in unmarked bills, a get out of jail free card for whoever disburses the money, and a free ride to Dubai for him and his cabinet.

Tara A. Rowe said...

Yeah, lots going on that I can't begin to wrap my mind around...I can barely remember how to put on my socks! ;)

Jill Kuraitis said...

Neither can Congress.