Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bring on the weekend!

It's Thursday, the day before Friday, and I'm stoked! Why? I need a weekend! Don't expect any serious blogging out of me though. Here are a few things I've noticed this morning in the inbox and elsewhere:
  • Five Times August released a new single on November 4th that I missed, check out "January Song."
  • The Idaho State Journal has again mentioned the retention issues at Idaho State University in terms of faculty; Meanwhile, President Vailas says we're on track for a medical school program... Something is lacking in the logic, if you ask me.
  • There is now a LIFE photo archive hosted by Google. If you haven't checked it out, do, it is awesome!
  • Appears to be some shuffling of the Democratic leadership in the statehouse. Happy to see James Ruchti playing a more prominent role in this.
  • And, last but not least, my Atlanta Braves have acquired some much need pitching assistance from the Chicago White Sox. On the heels of the announcement that the Houston Astros had signed former Braves starter Mike Hampton to a single season deal, the Braves picked up Javier Vazquez for their starting lineup and Boone Logan in relief. I am assuming the Peavy deal fell through and they are still open to an offer for A.J. Burnett. Vazquez is good news for Braves fans and former Expos fans alike!
There is of course all sorts of news out of Washington with Obama's Commerce pick, the Big Three before the Senate begging, and Laura Bush ushering in her husband's last Christmas in the White House (that is the greatest gift of all), but I'm sticking to the lighter stuff today.

No comments :