Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Because...

...the last eight years may have wiped it from our memory.

Executive Oath of Office:
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
—United States Constitution, Article II, Section 1, Clause 8.

Update (11:31 a.m. MST): When I posted this I had no idea that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court would need reminding the most...

1 comment:

John T. Richards Jr. said...

Hah! I wasn't quite sure who blew the line until I listened a second time. But I will excuse Roberts since Obama jumped the gun a bit.

Finally was able to talk to my son this afternoon as could not get through during the swearing in ceremony. He is having a blast in D.C. and was on the mall for Obama's speech and made it to the parade. Being a good amateur photographer, he better bring his dad some good pics. Goodbye Mr. Bush, welcome President Obama! John