Friday, February 13, 2009

In absentia

Ladies and gentlemen, I am taking the entire President's Day weekend off from the 'tubes. Yes, I'm having a vacation...er...staycation. And no, I don't plan on doing anything exciting. I have some academic-related tasks to attend to, more graduate school applications actually and an essay or two for classes I couldn't finish while I had spinal surgery last semester. The economy and general status of higher education right now makes that first gig especially difficult. My continual battle with pain, inflammation and crookedness makes both jobs and especially my day job quite trying. The one positive thing I have to say about my general state of being lately is that for an eternal insomniac, I am sleeping better than I've ever slept in my entire life! Medication for a beat up body makes for a sleepy brain. Now if I could do something about that short-temper of mine... Enjoy your three day weekend (notice I don't call it a holiday?) and be safe!

No comments: