Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The New Media

This "keyboard coward" has many a writing project due this week and I'm afraid the blogging has to be light. However, I wanted to bring a piece by Rory O'Connor, author of Shock Jocks: Hate Speech & Talk Radio, to your attention. If you missed part one, "Word of Mouse" is still available on O'Connor's site. Take a look.

And while I'm on the topic of new media, I wanted to provide some links to various posts available from fellow bloggers:

And in case you missed it yesterday, from the mainstream media comes this write-up of a visit to Twin Falls by former NPR "Morning Edition" host Bob Edwards. I personally don't believe that reviving the Fairness Doctrine is the answer to the ills of talk radio and more and more I find watching/listening to MSNBC just as tedious as watching/listening to Fox News.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Oh, I hear you on not tolerating cable news of any variety anymore. It is all pathetic.